四月是自闭症宣传月, 记住这一点, Beverley Sykes from our 残疾 而且 阅读障碍服务 talks to us about the Academic 而且 Non-Academic support available for students at Worcester:
At the 万博体育app下载入口 we welcome 而且 support students with Neuro-diverse conditions such as: Autistic Spectrum Differences, 注意力缺陷多动症, ADD和亚斯伯格症. 万博体育app下载入口的目标是成为一所对自闭症友好的大学.
对于很多学生来说, 上大学最大的障碍不是课程, 讲座或学习, 这是独立大学生活的其他部分. Some of the main concerns reported by autistic students when they are thinking of coming to study at the 万博体育app下载入口 are:
考虑到上大学，万博体育app下载入口理解, 作为一个自闭症学生, 可能会有压力, 担心和困惑的时间. We try to make the transition to higher education as easy 而且 stress free as possible. We believe that with the right planning 而且 support, autistic students can excel at university
We offer a variety of support to help with the transition to university 而且 the throughout your time at uni. 万博体育app下载入口的目标是给你一个安全的学习环境.
开放日可能是参观大学的第一个机会. They are a great way to assess the environment, social opportunities 而且 support offered. 你可以看看住宿、饮食设施和教室. You might use this to get a general feel of the university in terms of your sensory needs 而且 as to whether you could cope with the environment.
We have a friendly 而且 supportive staff that are happy to answer your questions.
Our 残疾 Advisers offer appointments to prospective students as well as current students. It is never too early to start thinking about the support options 而且 what university will be like for you 而且 you are not limited to the amount of appointments you can book. who can discuss how your Autism affects you 而且 explain what support arrangements may be suitable. We want you to feel comfortable 而且 ready to start university so you can contact us as much as you need to.
We can help you underst而且 what Disabled 学生 Allowance (DSA) is 而且 the support available through DSA 而且 how to apply for that through Student Finance.
We can act as a liaison between the different university services such as; money advice, 住宿, 项目建议, 咨询和心理健康服务.
These days are intended to help you have everything in place by the beginning of your studies at the 万博体育app下载入口.
- learn more about what disability 而且 dyslexia support is available at Worcester 而且 how to access it.
- discuss any support or transition concerns they may have with a 残疾 Adviser
- 参加校园圣. 约翰校园
Our 为自闭症和阿斯伯格综合症学生开设的寄宿暑期学校 have gone from strength to strength, 有更多的学生, 工作人员和志愿者比以往任何时候都加入万博体育app下载入口这个一年一度的成功活动.
The Summer School is aimed at helping students with autism spectrum disorders prepare for starting university in September. We believe that attending the Summer School can make a big difference as it will help you to become familiar with the university during a quieter time.
- Attend a taster lecture 而且 participate in sessions to help you prepare for university life.
- Meet other new students 而且 learn from the experiences of current students on the autism spectrum.
- Learn more about the support available to you 而且 meet members of the 残疾 & 阅读障碍服务，咨询 & 心理健康服务，学生支持和健康小组.
- 了解学生会可以提供什么，并与休假官员见面. The 学生’ Union offer a range of social opportunities 而且 are always looking at ways to help students with autism, 比如欢迎周末的安静区域. They can help you look at the clubs 而且 societies to see which ones appeal to you.
- Experience staying for two nights in our AE Housman halls of residence (en-suite 住宿.)
由于2019冠状病毒病大流行，去年的活动略有不同, 住宿不提供, but we still were able to offer a much of the content on line 而且 with one day on campus.
If the summer school isn’t for you, we offer early induction alongside the information days.
Each year we arrange an early induction for those students who prefer a quieter introduction to University life. 学生 are invited to attend a small group induction programme at the University before the beginning of the usual Welcome Week.
虽然这项活动不是强制性的, it may prove particularly beneficial for those who are uneasy about making the transition to a new study 而且 social environment.
- 除了残障人士的演讲 & 阅读障碍服务, 有各种各样的研讨会，包括来自项目咨询的研讨会, 金钱咨询及注册服务.
- 你也可以有机会参与学生支持 & Wellbeing team 而且 tutors from your course during the social events we are running.
- The early induction also includes tours of the campuses 而且 the Hive (the university 而且 city library).
- 心理健康 & 咨询服务
- Help 而且 advice regarding life at university available from other organisations such as: National Autistic Society
Above all we want your time at university to be fun, productive 而且 without barriers. 万博体育app下载入口希望万博体育app下载入口提供的支持将帮助您实现您的目标.
One of our current students created a presentation of an Autistic student’s perspective on studying at the 万博体育app下载入口 which you can view below.
电话:01905 85 5531